Mobile Boot Fitter/Ski Tech
Reports to: Rental Republic Workshop Manager
Based at: RRHQ (near Bourg St Maurice) visiting any of our resorts.
To deliver our equipment orders and perform personal equipment fittings for each and every customer, this is a hands-on customer-facing role working closely within a small team to ensure continued operational excellence.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Daily delivery of orders to customers.
- Daily returns and collection of equipment.
- Keeping accurate records of equipment changes and returns.
- DIN settings/forward pressure indicators and ski/snowboard binding adjustment.
- Daily collection of skis and snowboards for customers for servicing.
- Willingness to achieve the very highest level of operational excellence to deliver no matter what problems or time constraints.
- Ensuring that the workshop is clean and tidy at all times and heath and safety policy is adhered to.
- Safe and consistent standard of driving.
- Day to day vehicle maintenance, screen washer fluid/tyre pressure.
Person profile – Boot Fitter
Self-driven, results-orientated people person with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality customer service. You are friendly, personable and reliable in nature with the ability to get on with others and be a team player.
Personal Situation: Must be over the age of 21 for insurance purposes and must be physically fit. Able to work extended hours on occasions when required.
Must have clean or near clean driving licence and have held a license for more than three years.
Essential Job Skills:
- A clear understanding of skiing and snowboard techniques.
- A clear understanding of foot morphology.
- A clear understanding of how to select the correct equipment for individualcustomers.
- A clear understanding of forward pressure indicators, DIN settings and current bestpractice.
- Completion of a suitable training course prior to arrival is essential.
- Computer skills:We are a technology driven company with a start up mentality. Must be adept in use of email (Gmail) and web applications (Google maps). Training will be also provided for in house systems.
General skills and attitude:
Must be an excellent communicator and be able to demonstrate previous customer serviceexperience showing success in previous roles, initiative and willingness to muck in is key. Knowledge and experience of the ski rental industry is a distinct advantage.
Due to the nature of the role the actual number of hours worked will vary from week to week in accordance with seasonal fluctuations of demand:
Our standard full time base contract is 35 hours plus per week with extra hours available for those that want them.
Our standard Part time base contract is 25 hour per week with extra hours available for those that want them.
We offer a very competitive salary and the rare chance to earn a real wage whilst still having time to ride everyday (well maybe not Transfer day!) of the week.
A very cool vibe
A fully stocked fridge
A Smartphone (and SIM) to use for the season