Operations Manager (Filled)
Reports to: Rental Republic General Manager
RRHQ (near Bourg St Maurice) or any location deemed appropriate for execution of job role. Job purpose:
To oversee and manage operating activities relating to ski hire and delivery between ski resorts and individual properties. This will include but will not be limited to the general organisation of the team of office staff/drivers/boot fitters and covers vehicle/asset allocation and day-to-day logistical control in accordance with operational objectives.
This is a hands-on role working closely with the general manager within a small team so flexibility will be required to assist with other tasks when necessary to ensure continued operational excellence.
It will be expected that you join the ‘on-call’ Rota with the rest of the team.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Day to day operational control of our ski rental and logistics services to private and contract clients
- Willingness to achieve the very highest level of operational excellence to deliver no matter what problems or time constraints.
- Ensuring that the workshop team picks orders on time.
- Planning and organising the daily customer deliveries to reduce dead time expenditure.
- Planning and organising the daily customer returns to ensure stock control.
- Ensure continual improvement of the operational systems; processes and policies in support of organizations.
- Working to our aim of maximising profits from high capacity, efficient deliveries
- Close management of contract customers’ clients rental deliveries to ensure retention of 100% of our contracts
- Management of vehicle condition, mileage and damage
- Other duties as necessary
- Assisting the General Manager
Person profile – Operations Manager
Self-driven, results-orientated people person with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality service and business profit. A natural communicator and logical thinker who, mature, credible and able to think clearly in a fast paced changing environment.
Reliable, tolerant, FLEXIBLE and determined, well organized you view spreadsheets as your friends and can mange your Google calendar as though it were your younger sibling…. Well presented and businesslike. Keen for new experience, responsibility, accountability and looking for an opportunity to be a valuable and primary person within the organisation.
Ability to get on with others and be a team player.
Personal Situation: Must be mature and stable and committed to developing a leading role in an organisation with strong future potential. Must be located in the Bourg St Maurice area of the French Alps area during busy winter season. Able to work extended hours during peak weeks or when required.
Essential Job Skills:
- Ability to manage and coordinate a diverse team.
- A clear understanding of road transport issues.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to deal with constantly changing logistical circumstances, applying immediate,creative and cost effective best-fit solutions to issues and problems.
- Must appreciate the paramount need for operating excellence and be willing todeliver this, whatever it takes.
- MUST BE ABLE TO CONVERSE IN FRENCH.Computer skills:We are a technology driven company with a start up mentality. Must be adept in use of MS Office suite, email (Gmail) and web applications (Google maps). Training will be provided for in house systems.
General skills and attitude:
Must be an excellent communicator on the telephone and face to face. Must be able to demonstrate operations/logistics experience showing success in previous roles, initiative, and willingness to muck in are key.
Knowledge and experience of the Alpine ski holiday market is essential and ski rental experience preferable.
Due to the nature of the role the actual number of hours worked will vary from week to week in accordance with seasonal fluctuations of demand for our services and the employee’s ability. Our standard base working week is 40 hours and working with us ensures the rare chance to earn a real wage whilst still having time to ride everyday (well maybe not Transfer day!) of the week.
£25, 000 PA Pro Rata
A very cool vibe
A fully stocked fridge
A iPhone (and SIM) to use for the season