Workshop Ski Technician
Reports to: Rental Republic Operations Manager
RRHQ (near Bourg St Maurice) or any location deemed appropriate for execution of job role.
To manage our equipment park, prepare customer ski and snowboard hire orders for delivery and keep our Ski and Snowboard Park in tiptop condition at all times.
This is a hands-on role working closely within a small team so flexibility will be required to assist with other tasks when necessary to ensure continued operational excellence.
It will be expected that you join the ‘on-call’ Rota with the rest of the team. Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Daily preparation of orders for customers. Including ski and board selection, DIN settings/forward pressure indicators and ski/snowboard binding adjustment.
- Daily servicing of skis and snowboards for customers.
- Daily and late night servicing of our large skis and snowboard park.
- Willingness to achieve the very highest level of operational excellence to deliver no matter what problems or time constraints.
- Ensuring that the orders are picked on time.
- Ensuring that the workshop is clean and tidy at all times and heath and safety policy is adhered to.
- Training of boot fitters in workshop best practice.
- Assisting boot fitters on the road during busy periods
- Assisting the General Manager/Operations manager
Person profile – Ski Technician
Self-driven, results-orientated people person with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality service. You are methodical in nature.
Reliable, tolerant, FLEXIBLE and determined, Ability to get on with others and be a team player.
Personal Situation: Must be mature and stable and committed to developing a leading role in an organisation with strong future potential. Must be located in the Bourg St Maurice area of the French Alps area during busy winter season. Able to work extended hours during peak weeks or when required.
Essential Job Skills:
- A clear understanding of skiing and snowboard techniques.
- A clear understanding of ski and snowboard servicing techniques.
- A clear understanding of how to select the correct equipment for individualcustomers.
- A clear understanding of forward pressure indicators, DIN settings and current bestpractice.
- Previous experience of Belt and Edge grinder maintenance and use.
- A clear understanding of Easyrent or other similar workshop inventory software.Computer skills:We are a technology driven company with a start up mentality. Must be adept in use of, email (Gmail) and web applications (Google maps). Training will be also provided for in house systems.
General skills and attitude:Must be an excellent communicator and be able to demonstrate previous experience in a hands on workshop role.
Knowledge and experience of the ski rental industry is essential.
Due to the nature of the role the actual number of hours worked will vary from week to week in accordance with seasonal fluctuations of demand for our services and the employee’s ability. Our standard base working week is 35 hours.
We offer a very competitive salary and the rare chance to earn a real wage whilst still having time to ride everyday (well maybe not Transfer day!) of the week.
A very cool vibe
A fully stocked fridge
A iPhone/iPad/Samsung (and SIM) to use for the season